Abbott is initiating a proactive, voluntary recall of certain lots of 2 fl oz/59 ml bottles of ready-to-feed liquid products, including the brands Similac Pro-Total Comfort®, Similac® 360 Total Care®, Similac® 360 Total Care® Sensitive, Similac® Special Care® 24, Similac® Stage 1, Similac® Water (Sterilized), Similac NeoSure®, and Pedialyte® Electrolyte Solution. These products were manufactured at the company’s Columbus, Ohio, manufacturing facility and distributed primarily to hospitals, doctor’s offices, distributors, and some retailers in the US, including Puerto Rico; a limited number of products were sent to Canada, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, and certain countries in the Caribbean.
2 fl oz ready-to-feed liquid products included in this voluntary recall:
- US - certain lots of Similac 360 Total Care, Similac 360 Total Care Sensitive, Similac Special Care 24, Similac Pro-Total Comfort, Similac NeoSure, Pedialyte Electrolyte Solution
- Canada - 1 lot of Pedalyte Electrolyte Solution; 1 lot of Similac Water (Sterilized)
- Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Curacao, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica - 1 lot of Similac 360 Total Care Sensitive
- Puerto Rico, Curacao, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Haiti, St. Thomas, St. Croix - 1 lot of Similac 360 Total Care
- Panama - 2 lots of Similac Pro-Total Comfort
- Dominican Republic - 1 lot of Similac Stage 1
- Colombia - 1 lot of Similac Stage 1
These products are being recalled because a small percentage of bottles in the recalled lots have bottle caps that may not have sealed completely, which could result in spoilage. If spoiled product is consumed, gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting could result.
Ensuring the quality of our products and the safety of our consumers is our top priority, and a responsibility we take very seriously, including taking action when a product doesn’t meet our quality standards.